Buckwheat are the hulled seeds of the buckwheat plant. It is a gluten free grain with health benefits such has good plant-based protein, fibre and antioxidants. The bread is delicious and very good with peanut butter.
Yield: 400g Loaf Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Gluten Free Seeded Bread
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 80g rice flour
- 100g buckwheat flakes+ extra to sprinkle over the loaf
- 70g mixed seeds
- 1 level tsp Instant baking yeast
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 350ml warm water (to touch)
- Mix the flours, flakes, seeds, salt and yeast together in a bowl.
- Mix in the water and molasses in a bowl. Pour over the dry ingredients.
- Mix until it resembles a soft cake mix. Cover and set aside for 45 minutes at room temperature.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased or lined loaf tin. Smooth with a spatula and sprinkle with a few additional flakes or seeds if you wish.
- Cover loosely and let it rise for 45 minutes, until it has risen by 1 to 2 cm.
- Set the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (fan) or gas mark 7.
- Place the loaf tin in the oven, reduce the temperature to 190 degrees Celsius or gas mark 5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes and then cool on a rack.
Source: CNM Vegan Natural Chef 2019